A published report card is a finalized report card. Note that you can generate report cards without publishing them, if you want to test out setting, design, or grade changes; or if you don't want parents and students to access them electronically.
Published report cards remain accessible for unenrolled/exited students. This can be a big help when you need to send info to the student's new school, since Schoolrunner can't generate new report cards for a student once s/he exits your school!
Publishing report cards means that the report cards you generate will be available:
- In the Schoolrunner mobile app to parents, students, and teachers.
- In the web portal for parents and students.
- In the teacher-facing Schoolrunner site for teachers.
If you have the "Publish Report Cards" permission, you will see the following options when you click the "Generate Report Cards" button on the Report Cards page.
If you choose to notify parents and students, the Schoolrunner system will send emails to parents/guardians who have set up Schoolrunner accounts for their student(s) and also to students themselves, if student emails are entered into Schoolrunner.
The email notifications our system sends out let the recipient know that a report card has been published and that it's available via the Schoolrunner mobile app or in the Schoolrunner web portal. The email does not include the report card itself. Here's a sample email:
Once a report card is published, any subsequent changes to grades or settings will NOT affect the published report cards. If you need to change anything after a report card has been published, you will need to un-publish the report card and then re-publish it after your changes are complete.
Unpublishing Report Cards
If you need to un-publish a report card, use the "Un-publish" button (after you click the "Generate Report Cards" button). You cannot re-publish a report that is currently published. You will need to un-publish it first.
Notifications do not go out to parents or students when a report card is un-published.
If some students in a group have report cards published, but others don't, you'll need to do one of the following:
- Un-publish report cards for the kids who already have them, and then publish for the entire group.
- This is good for ensuring that all students have consistent report cards.
- Set the "Has Published Report Card" toggle to "No", to filter down the group to kids without a published report card.
- This is good for precision publishing, if some kids within a group should have different report cards, or if you don't want to re-notify parents and students.
Accessing and Viewing Published Report Cards
When a report card is published, school staff can see it in several places:
- The "Report Card" tab on the student page. Here, it can be downloaded, published or un-published (if you have the permission). You can also see a change history.
- The Report Cards page itself. Here, it can also be downloaded or un-published, and you can see a change history.
- The Schoolrunner mobile app, on the "Grades" tab of a student profile, from where it can be downloaded.
Parents and students can download report cards from the "Grades" tab on the mobile app, just like teachers can. They can also download report cards from the Report Cards page in the web portal.
Please sign in to leave a comment.