In Schoolrunner, there are many places where you can export data. Most export data is formatted as comma-separated values (.csv files), which you can open in Excel or any other spreadsheet software.
The Export Page
The Export page is found by hovering over "Setup" on the main menu. Export categories are arranged into three categories: Academics, Culture, and People.
Here's a breakdown of what each link produces:
- Academics – Assessments – A list of all assessments entered at your school along with teacher, course, average score, etc. View the same data within Schoolrunner on the Assessments page or Analysis page.
- Academics – Full Grades – A list of all course grades that exist or have existed this year. This includes inactive students and incomplete enrollments.
- Academics – Report Card Grades – A list of all grades that show up on report cards. This is for active students, with active enrollments. If you use PowerSchool as your SIS, this file can be imported into PS for getting your final grades into your SIS.
- Culture – Behavior – A detailed list of behavior records at your school this year. Includes information pertaining to points, demerits, detentions, etc. for each record.
- Culture – Calendar Days – Links to a new page where you can download your school's calendar days, which are how you determine which days are out of session. You can edit your export and import it again to make updates.
- Culture – Interventions – A list of intervention records at your school. You can view the same data on the Interventions page.
- People – Homerooms –Links to a new page where you can export homeroom assignments for your students. You can also update homeroom assignments by editing and importing your data, or by using existing sections.
- People – Staff Members – A list of staff members at your school.
- People – Student Attributes – Links to a new page where you can download a list of students and attributes that have been either synced into or created within Schoolrunner. Edit and import this info to make updates.
- People – Students – A list of active students at your school, with basic demographic info like address and birthday.
The Incidents Page
Look for the download icon in the upper right of the filter box on the Incidents page. This icon can also be found in other filter boxes on other pages throughout Schoolrunner.
You'll see at least two options when you hover over this link:
- Download – This produces a .csv with an entry for each incident, even if multiple students were involved.
- Download by Student – This produces a .csv with an entry for each student on each incident, so a single incident may have multiple entries.
- Download for PowerSchool Import – Visible only if you use PowerSchool, this produces a .txt file that can be imported directly into PowerSchool
The Communications Page
Look for the download icon in the upper right of the filter box on the Communications page. This icon can also be found in other filter boxes on other pages throughout Schoolrunner.
The .csv file you download from this link will have an entry for each communication record that has been saved in Schoolrunner this year.
The Groups Page
The file produced by the link in the upper right of the Groups page is identical in structure to what you get on the Export page, but it will be filtered according to whatever group you have loaded, or filters you have put in place.
Exporting Student and Staff Dashboards
You can also export any homeroom or saved group from the Student Dashboard, and staff member info from the Staff Dashboard. Look for the "Download" link in the upper right-hand corner of any dashboard.
Exporting Analysis Report Pivot Tables and Raw Data
When viewing a report on the Analysis page, you can export data from the "Pivot Table" or "Raw Data" tabs by clicking the "Download" link in the upper right.
More information on how to export attendance information can be found here. We also recommend that at the end of each year, you download and save all student report cards for future reference.
Exporting Assessment Results
When viewing an individual assessment, there are a few options to export student assessment responses and results. All options are accessible from the "Actions" menu.
Here's a breakdown of what each link produces:
- Download Definition – Exports a .csv file that contains the structure of the assessment (number of questions, correct answers, point values, standards, etc.), but no students or student results. This file can be uploaded into a blank assessment to automatically structure the new assessment according to the definition.
- Download Results – Exports a .csv file that lists students and their overall results on the assessment.
- Download Full Results – Exports a .csv file that lists student responses for each question on the assessment.
- Download Result Slips – Generates a printable webpage that list overall results and question responses for each student, paginated by student.
- Download Mastery Summary – Exports a .csv file that lists each standard on the assessment and their average mastery scores (averaged from all student results for that standard).