There are two places in Schoolrunner for you to measure how engaged your students and parents/guardians are.
The Groups Page
The Groups page has a collection of filters that can tell you several things. You can use the "Engagement Filters" section to answer questions like:
- Which students are connected to a guardian account? Which aren't?
- Which students downloaded their own report cards? Which had guardians that downloaded report cards?
- How many students had report cards downloaded this week (or last week, or for any other time period)?
- Which students are engaging on the web portal? What about the mobile app? What platform are guardians using?
More about each filter option:
- Has Guardian Account – Use this to show students that do or do not have at least one guardian account paired with them. Can be used without any other filters.
- Engagement Type – "Downloaded Report Card" is the only option right now, but other types of interactions (like logins) will be available in the future. The filters below will further refine your choice here.
- Term – If a grading term (like Quarter 4, Semester 2, or Trimester 3) directly applies to the "Engagement Type" you choose, this filter should be used. For example, if you choose "Downloaded Report Card" for the engagement type, use this menu to specify that you want to see who downloaded a Q2 report card. This filter does not tell you when the report card was downloaded (use the "Engagement Date" filter for that).
- Engagement By – Choose from guardian, student, or staff to narrow down what type of user is engaging, if you want.
- Engagement Count – If you want to know who's done something more than 3 times this week, for example, use this filter (in conjunction with the next filter to specify the date range).
- Engagement Date – Use this to narrow down when the engagement (in the "Engagement Type" filter) occurred. Note that this is functions differently from the "Term" filter. You could this filter in conjunction with "Term" to see who downloaded a Q1 report card (via "Term") the month after Q1 ended (via "Engagement Date').
- Platform – Use this if you want to discern between the engagement happening on the Schoolrunner mobile app or the Schoolrunner web portal.
Here's an example. This combination of filters below will show me all students who:
- Have a guardian ("Engagement By")...
- that downloaded a report card ("Engagement Type")...
- for Q2 ("Term")...
- in the month of January ("Engagement Date")...
- on the mobile app ("Platform").
The Student Page
You can also use the "Engagements" tab on any student page. This provides a more detailed list of who did what when, and can also be filtered. Note that there is also a summary box below the filters, which will give you a quick count of your results.
Because the student page is reflective of a single student, it gives you more detail about engagements, as seen in the table. You'll see specific dates and specific user names, and you can download an export of engagement records via the download icon in the upper left corner of the filter menu.
Click into the "Portal Access" tab for a list of all guardian accounts that are connected to a student.
Please sign in to leave a comment.