The "Force Staff Password Update" setting ensures that staff members are required to set a new password periodically.
This is found on the Settings page (Setup>Settings>"Single Sign-On (SSO) and Passwords"). If left blank, staff will never have to set a new password. If you enter a number here, staff will be logged out and prompted to enter a new password after that many days have passed.
- If staff log in with a Google account, this setting won't affect them. Schoolrunner cannot control Google passwords. This setting only affects those who log in with an email address and a Schoolrunner password.
- Staff cannot reuse their last password.
- The cycle you set here (say, 30 days) is from the last time a teacher set his/her password. It won't be a uniform date for all staff members. I.E. if Jane Teacher last set her password two weeks ago, she'll have to reset it in about another two weeks. But if Jack Teacher set his yesterday he'll have another 29 days.
- Passwords must meet the following criteria:
- At least 8 characters
- At least 1 number
- At least 1 upper case character
- At least 1 lower case character
- At least 1 special character
Please sign in to leave a comment.